The POWER MIG® 255XT sets the standard for MIG and flux-cored welding in light industrial job shop fabrication, maintenance or repair work. Diamond Core Technology™ delivers a wide voltage sweet spot across the welding range, low spatter levels and a forgiving arc on steel, stainless and aluminum — even for demanding out-of-position work.
It’s Spool Gun Ready, so it’s fast and easy to tackle difficult aluminum applications. Exclusive 115 volt auxiliary power means you can power lights, grinders, and chargers right where you work! And, the MAXTRAC® drive system with a patented Split Wire Guide system and tachometer feedback ensures trouble-free wire delivery. Add the extra length 15 foot gun cable and innovative convenience features and you begin to understand why the POWER MIG® 255XT is considered The Professional's ChoiceSM.
• Diamond Core Technology
™, a patented choke design, delivers:
- A forgiving arc, even with large stickout changes
- Excellent out-of-position arc action
- A wide voltage sweet spot at a given wire feed speed
- Low spatter
• MAXTRAC® cast aluminum industrial wire drive features dual driven rolls, easy-turn numeric tension indicator, brass-to-brass gun connections and Lincoln's 100% wire-supporting split wire guide system.
• Three-year warranty on parts and labor (90 days warranty on gun).
• Digital meters display, preset voltage and wire feed speed, and actual voltage and preset wire feed speed while welding.
• Generous 15 ft. (4.5 m) gun and cable assembly makes it easy to reach your work.
• Spool Gun Ready – The POWER MIG® 255XT has the electronics and second gas solenoid built-in to drive either the Magnum® 250LX™ spool gun or the Magnum® SG spool gun.
• The most economic spool gun solution in the 250A category – costing hundreds less.
• 115V auxiliary receptacle (208/230V model only) to power a grinder or other auxiliary equipment in your work area.
• Free Timer Functions adds 4-step trigger interlock, spot mode, adjustable run-in speed for smoother arc starting, and adjustable burnback time to minimize wire sticking in puddle